Monday, April 23, 2007

On A Mission

Today I woke up and wanted to accomplish my Monday chores so that I could enjoy the beautiful spring day. Spring had a way of feeling like summer today. Well, the kind of summer day I truly love...temps in the 70's, low humidity, sunny, clear blue sky. I planned for my yoga classes and my tutoring sessions this week, did three loads of laundry and even got some cleaning in before it was time to enjoy the day. I had a two cooking adventures, one of them making a "holiday" chicken salad for Peg and me. We had a wonderful lunch outside on the deck. I spent the rest of the afternoon in the neighborhood and outside. I combined some errands with enjoyment. It is amazing how much I enjoy doing these little pit stops when I am not drained from racing from work. I left the school system almost two years ago and I have just begun to feel that I am not playing hookey when I am out and around town in the middle of the day. It is such a wonderful place to be. I have found I can give my focused attention to my life: whether its planning my tutoring sessions or learning more to bring to my yoga teaching, it is wonderful to feel like I can breathe in these roles and do a good job. My second cooking adventure of the day was dinner. I am a fan of Cooking Light magazine and the bulletin board at cookinglight.com. I made a Spicy Peanut Noodles with Shrimp for dinner. I was worried that it would be too out there for Chris and me...but it was great. The best part was that we had dinner outside on our porch...Life is good!
I began the day on a mission and now it feels like my mission was accomplished. I need to set other missions for myself...like learn to use my digital camera to post pictures here, and be able to get more familiar with this site. One mission at a time!

No comments: