Monday, October 27, 2008

Learning Something New Everyday

I learned today that I don't play enough. I guess I have known that for a while. I have a rushed, hectic feeling inside that tends to tell me that it's not ok to play,even for a few mintues. I know that if I played for a little, I would enjoy my work more.....but play feels like procrastination and I am so very good at that.
Take today for example....I had a meeting for a student this morning and it was a great celebration of her work. I knew that there was a mountain of work to prepare for another job and it was waiting for me when I got home. Leaving the morning meeting, the sun was shining in a beautiful blue October sky and the temperature was just right for me. I decided that Chris and I needed to get outside before I had to attach myself to this computer. We went to one of my favorite places, the clamshack on the beach-Iggy's. I have learned to order things that work for my body there rather than the clamcakes! The hour or so we spent there was like a shot in the arm.
When I got home, I still had alot of work to do but I had a wonderful feeling that I had a little fun in this day!

No comments: