Tuesday, June 12, 2007

You Can Never Go Back

So I have been doing my old job for 6 days in the past month and I have taken migraine medicine five times...ummmm. Interesting. This makes me think I made a good decision in leaving two years ago. I just can't believe how it feels like I never left that job....doing the paper work, dealing with the people, and multi-tasking with the ticking of the running clock. Going into a school ten days before closing is like walking into a minefield.....there is tension, excitement, anxiety and irritability in every step. I really feel grateful for the practice of yoga in my life. It is providing me with a centering and a sense of non-attachment to the crazy dance going on around me. I realize how much doing that job saps me of the energy to do other things in my life.

On a more positive note, Beth came home for a few days and its been great to see her. Beth and her beautiful golden retriever, Jameson, are a match made in heaven and its great to see them together. Hanging out and finding silly things to laugh about are moments of incredible joy for me.
Another moment of joy happened when Jill's godchild finally arrived. Jill's friend had her baby girl and Jill was with her through it all. It is alittle bit of an out of body experience to hear Jill talk about the whole event and think that she is actually old enough to be living this part of her life.

So the title of Never Going Back relates to so many things. I need to take Joy in today.....

No comments: